We’re closer to getting the site into being more than just an idea, and a genuine reality - it’s only a matter of time before it’s up and running. I’m updating here because this is more likely to be seen than my Twitter stream. I have a great ensemble of talented writers on deck, and opening week should be fantastic - if you have any ideas for anything you’d like to contribute or introduce yourself to the site with, now would be the time.
- If you have any ideas as to a name for the project, please, please send those inquiries to me. It’s sad to say this, but that’s one of the biggest things I’m facing right now in terms of obstacles towards getting this off the ground. We need a domain name that is dignified, universal, and stays fresh in people’s memories. It doesn’t have to be traditional, at all; it could be taken from a song lyric, a product of some weird subconscious idea you had, or anything of the sort. As much shit as people’re giving rappers for uninspired names of their proects, this is a real-life dilemna. If you have any suggestions for names, please send those to firstname.lastname@example.org
- I would just call it YayoDancing, but that may seem egotistical. I’m not an egotist, and this is a group project from all those involved; WE ARE THE WORLD (WIDE WEB). I’m just at the helm. This site isn’t about me, it’s about all of us.
- Tumblr fucking sucks. The homie RNT just recently announced his hiatus frm tumblr, so that’s one less reason for me (and ya’ll) to sign on here each day. I’m having the same problems he is - between Tumblr fucking up my followers/people I follow, crashing on a daily basis, and deleting the text that I spend so long writing in this very box (note to self: paste this in word). I appreciate tumblr for the launching pad its given me, and the fanbase I’ve built (200 followers, swagswagswag), but there’s way too many bugs and glitches on this thing right now for me to update reguarly. Also, as Noz pointed out from his personal experience in the past, you (and I) get more notes for funny pictures than you (and I) do for anything we actually write. That’s depressing, tumblr. Stop it.
- I am still taking applicants, despite the fact that I have so many as of now. We need this to be as big as possible. I’m not ready to cap yet.
- I appreciate all of you. Thank you for getting me this far. Let’s take it so much further, though. LET’S RULE THE E-ZINE BUSINESS!
Let’s get it (HAHA)